It is not as easy at is seems to conduct an effective meeting, as most of us have noticed in our daily life meetings are long and boring. Even though is hard it is not impossible and if you want to have a productive gathering it is worth the effort. Here we are going to present you with some steps on how to accomplish everything you want in a meeting.
- Before you write the plan of the meeting spend a little time writing down what you want to achieve with this meeting, what topics you are going to approach, who should you ask to come to this gathering and what information should you bring. It is very important that you do this first because you will make sure that you do not forget something.
- For every meeting or conference you should establish a goal, something you want to achieve at the end. If you are planning a meeting but you do not have an ending point that you will not be left with much at the end. Some examples of endings are: a planning session for a new product/service or a brainstorming session
- When planning a meeting you should always write an agenda. By doing this you will have all your information in one place, such as: people’s contact, action plan, the order in which the events will enfold and what are the most important facts. If you have this you will have no problems in communicating with the others. All you have to do is send you agenda and wait to receive an answer from the others.
- Before the meeting always distribute the agenda to the participants and encourage them to come with questions or bring materials if they feel the need to.
- At the beginning of the meeting welcome everybody and see in every participant has an agenda in front of them. Make a short presentation of the gathering pointing the main purpose and the length of the gathering.
- After the short presentation begin the session immediately. Mediate the meeting as good as you can, redirect the conversation if you feel that it has gone off track.
- Write in your agenda any information that you think is important.
- Announce all the participants five minutes before the gathering ends so that they can finish their conversation.
- Make sure that the meeting sticks to the goals set by you.